Monday 6 February 2012

Flowering Iridescence

These are my favourite, favourite, favourite parts of my bedroom. Yes, they are only mere inches wide, and on the whole, are swallowed and lost in the mismatched assortment of crap that flows freely through my living space- but they are jewels of colour that always catch my attention the second I walk in, or wake up. They are the essence of who I am, and what I love- colour, vibrancy, flowers, crystal, pattern, iridescence. I am starting right here- with these tiny snippets of glorious, riotous colour.



These are a few select images/ cards/ clothing tags I have saved because I loved something special about each one. The postcard is my favourite- I feel like the girl is being absorbed by colour, you know? What a fantastic notion. (How would it feel to have hundreds of flowers covering your body? Glorious, one would assume.)

The shoe (platform wedge with ankle strap, divine) is adorned in fabulous jewels- vibrant, sparkling and multifaceted- all elements that I want to try and incorporate into how I dress every day.

The clothing tag is from a gorgeous vintage store in Subiaco, Perth, called Lucy In Disguise- I highly recommend anyone on a quest to rediscover their personal style check it out, it is fabulous. I, for example, managed to obtain an amazing while lace blouse with fifteen centimetre long cuffs adorned with itty bitty white buttons while I was there, amongst other things. (I'm picturing wearing it with hot pink jeans, or with lots of leather and leopard print Tony Bianco wedges...)


This perfume bottle is empty, but I just can't bring myself to throw it away until I can afford a replacement. It's my delicious everyday perfume. It is, of course, J'adore, by Christan Dior (my favourite perfume EVER-of-all-time-in-the-entire-universe is the enchanting Mademoiselle, by Chanel- I'm sure you've all seen this advertisement with Kiera Knightley, SWOON). However, as it is about a trillion dollars a bottle and I am a poor student, I'll stick for now with J'adore.

The beautiful boxes behind it once contained baby blue and baby pink mugs with beautiful flowers and swirling patterns on them, detailed with gold. I can't drink tea or coffee unless it's in a decent mug, and these most certainly fit the bill.

My talcum powder is a cheapie but a goodie- I love smelling like roses after I shower (well, truth me told, I'll happily smell like any sort of flower after I shower <3 ).

And I can't continue without mentioning the powderpuff my talcum powder is sitting on- it's leopard pring and full of ultra-fine glitter. Is there any powder puff more fabulous?

These pictures feel a bit like teeny-tiny snapshots of my life as I know it. Cool, huh? Why don't you try and condense your life down to three square feet of space, and take some snaps? Work out what you love about each picture. It’s kind of like starting to acknowledge what you really, truly love about yourself.