Wednesday 30 January 2013

Things I Love Thursday!!!

Yes, yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's that time of the week already... a day to celebrate all the things that made you smile this week! The original idea was launched by the effervescent Gala Darling, my all time favourite female blogging superstar, and it's had such a positive impact on my life that I want to share it with everyone, too!

So: what are you grateful for? What gave you butterflies? What made you want to sing with joy and dance like a maniac?! I had a dream last night that giant parrots were nesting in a hot pink chandelier that I'd hung from my bedroom ceiling. Can we make this happen?

Image courtesy deathbyfur!
 
 
Things I Love Thursday!
  • Brand new photo editing apps
  • Cuddles on sofas
  • Miniature fondant owls (!)
  • Silver glitter
  • Hot pink airbrush makeup
  • Seeing my sisters USA photos
  • Spicy chicken
  • Ignoring bullies
  • Dinner-and-a-movie dates with Mama <3
  • Face masks
  • ANZAC cookies
  • Party poppers
  • Chuppa Chups
  • New makeup bookings
  • Planning and prioritising
  • Pump class at the gym
  • Awesome dreams
  • Vitamin B
  • Giggling
 
Seriously, are these not the cutest things that you have seen this week? I thought so.

Now, I mentioned 'planning and prioritising' in my TILT list this week. I've realised that I need to take a more active role in planning the content for this blog. I know I don't have many readers and I know that my blog does not have great reach (yet). But I have big hopes and dreams for the Mess, so I really want to start filtering content and constructing each post to have clear and significant purpose. There are so many things that I want to write about that sometimes it's hard to deconstruct my thoughts and categorise them. But, never fear, gorgeous reader: I will get there in the end!

This whole project is about creating new purpose in our lives. It is a hot pink documentation of me coming into my own. It's a record of the things that make my life beautiful, and a working journal of the areas in which I need to improve. My dream is that one day, we can all share in this together, united under a common purpose: We are all worthy. We are all unique. And all our own, worthy, unique Messes are fucking Beautiful.

I'm off to make a coffee. Let's get started!

Perpetual happiness and highly coloured dreams,

M xx