Wednesday 20 February 2013

Things I Love Thursday + My Sick Obsession!

Thanks Douglas!
 
Bonjour, Pecan!
 
You might have noticed a few changes around here, if you haven't been to visit for a while! As you can see, I've renamed the blog MJ Valentine- this is my writers pseudonym for all my blog posts, articles and other works that I have been sending to publishers. Do you like it? I think it screams personality- 'MJ' comes from my actual name (Madeleine Jane) and 'Valentine' suggests all the things that I value, and try to channel in my life every day: love, happiness, glitter, loyalty, spontaneity, champagne, kisses, gratitude... the list goes on! Fabulous, no?  
 
. . . . .
 
Yes, it's that time of the week again...! I do apologise for not posting a Things I Love Thursday entry last week- pardon me- it will not happen again! As always, the original idea for TILT came from Gala Darling, but it's just too good not to share...
 
Here's what's made my eyes sparkle this week!
 
- Surprise bottles of chilled Moet
- Birthday celebrations
- Sneaking
- Planning
- Setting new goals (check out this article I wrote recently!)
- Street performers
- Glossy brochures
- Hair conditioner
- Coconut oil
- Avocado
- Imminent beach dates
- Fluffy pillows
- Job applications
- Raspberry M'n'Ms
- Sneezing
- Mascara
- Chilli
- Kitty cuddles
- Puppy cuddles
- Any cuddles
- Banana and strawberry smoothies
- Feta cheese
- Making time to write
- Good lip balm
- Listening to music on my fully charged phone, knowing I am capable of hours and hours of imminent pleasure!!!
 
It's been a pretty full on week for me, with lots of job applications, writing, networking, organising, dreaming and to-do lists... as far as I know, it's been a pretty full on week for quite a few people actually!
 
. . . . .
 
Now, I have a sick and twisted confession to make. I am still absolutely and totally besotted with Pinterest. Honestly, I think I have a problem. I was awake until two thirty this morning sourcing pins for up-coming blog entries and all manner of other projects. Madness!
 
If you are not yet registered and pinning away like a lunatic, GET ON BOARD! I promise, you won't regret it! There are hundreds of thousands of recipies, DIY projects, tips and tricks, skin care and makeup information, inspirational quotes for loving, learning and working out, amazing images of travel destinations all over the world, cute puppies... I swear, it's some type of hive of perpetual estrogen, a place for women (and men) to scour the net for all sorts of amazing tidbits that help contribute to a better life... it's amazing. If that's not enough to convince you, here are the covers of my six favourite public boards...
 
 
 
 
It's like looking at a splash of your personality, right on screen! I just love it, and there are so many ways to use it!
 
But, back to Things I Love Thursday... come on, what made you smile this week?! Please comment on the Facebook post with your TILT list for this week (and ladies, I KNOW there are a few of you who read these posts every week and who used to send lists around in text messages... so get involved! spread the FB love)! It's such a wonderful way to show gratitude for all the little things in life that we take for granted, and it's a great tool for helping us to dwell on the positive things in our lives, rather than the negative things...
 
 
Shameless self promotion and air kisses,
 
MJ x