Wednesday 6 February 2013

Things I Love Thursday!

G'day, gorgeous!

How are you this fine Thursday? You know the drill- Thursday is a day to celebrate all the things that made us smile this week! As always, a quick disclaimer: the orgininal TILT movement was created by Gala Darling, but we're joining the party because hey, a little weekly gratitude never hurt anyone!

. . . . .
 
Right at the top of my TILT is THIS SKIRT!!!
 


... as you can see, I had a tiny accident this morning. A tiny accident involving pleated purple lurex. I apologise to no one! I <3 Vintage! Especially sparkly vintage! And because insane bright purple pleated lurex wasn't enough (haha) I decided to team it up with a white lace tshirt and some giant glittery jewellery. Stupendous white lace platforms will also do the trick (though I may swap for gold sandals if I wind up leaving the house today!). I feel like this might be a good outfit for eating lychee and violet sorbet...?




What else was trending in my Mess this week?
  • Ice skating
  • My single barrel hair curler
  • Toothpaste
  • English Breakfast tea
  • Icy cold apple cider
  • This song by Mumford & Sons (major flashabacks to the New Years Eve countdown! Aw!)
  • Salty popcorn
  • Diamante stars
  • Dragonflies
  • Pink pens
  • My phone charger
  • Caesar salad
  • Treadmills
  • Recieving books in the mail
  • Nail files
  • Sleep ins
  • Sleep overs
  • Wedding chit chat
  • Valentines Day plans (my first one ever!)
  • And this text message from E Bear:

Yay! I Love Thursdays!

. . . . .

In other news, I'm going to start a series featuring some of my all time favourite style icons soon! I'm really excited to introduce another regular feature to the Mess. If you have any ideas or suggestions for things you might like me to write about, don't hesitate to drop me a line here- or even if you just want to say hello!

Don't forget to 'Like' The Beautiful Mess on Facebook too- I post each new blog entry on the Page, so it's a great way to keep up with what's happening here. It's also the perfect opportunity to actively participate by joining the chatter via the comments and start meeting lots of lovely new people!

And please, my dear- don't forget to comment on the Facebook post with your Things I Love Thursday list this week!

"And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow."
 
            - Gilbert K Chesterton

 
 
 
 
Lurex rainbows and minty freshness,
 
MJ x